Friday, June 2, 2017

Manic Gibberish #2: Not Fond Of Yardwork...

As a homeowner, yard work is one of the many responsibilities that the homeowner must take care of to keep the local authorities at bay. Mowing the lawn, not a big deal. Weeding, edging or other backbreaking labor to make a yard look like some manicured golf course should come under the heading of slave labor. Anyone who tells you they think gardening, IE, weeding is some nice, meditative task has never spent a long hot summer doing commercial landscaping. That cured me of any illusions that I wanted to "garden" for a living.  Maybe there are some who in spite of spending a summer (or perhaps many summers) doing back-breaking labor (in rich people's yards) still find gardening a calming & meditative practice, but I ain't one of them...
Some weedy, overgrown mint slowly taking over my dilapidated fence.
I someday would like to move to the desert...

No comments: